05 December 2010

Ratatouille


This is one of my favorite veggie dishes!
First I love all the veggies that are in it, secondly I LOVE rosemary!!

Try this out with any meat, I put my with Flank Steak recently.

Serves 4.


Ingredients

1 large Zucchini
1 large Red Onion
4 Garlic cloves
2 Green Bell Peppers
4-5 Tomatoes
2 Japanese Eggplant
5-6 tbsp Olive Oil
Sea salt and black pepper to taste
A pinch of cayenne pepper (Optional)
6 stalks of fresh rosemary

Directions

Peel the Garlic cloves and with the flat side of a chefs knife, press down hard on the Garlic to crush the cloves.  Cut all other vegetables into large chunks.  
* I cut the Zucchini and Eggplant into rounds rather than chunks, I think this looks nicer in the end product.

In a large soup pot heat the Olive Oil over medium and add the Onions and Garlic.  Saute until the Onions and Garlic start to soften and add the remaining vegetables except for the Tomatoes. Cook the veggies with the Onions and Garlic stirring often for 5 minutes.  Add the Tomatoes, Salt, Pepper, Cayenne, and Rosemary, mix well and bring to a boil.  

Let the Ratatouille simmer for 15 minutes or until the Eggplant is soft and the Tomatoes are reduced down to a soup like consistency.  Serve immediately over the meat of your choice.



Thanks to Everyday Paleo for this delicious rendition of Ratatouille! 

No comments:

Post a Comment